AWS Exam Preparation:How to Prepare for AWS Solution Architect
In this Post ‘How to Prepare for AWS Solution Architect’ you will learn about series of preparations required for attaining AWS Solution Architect Certification.
- AWS recommends to have at least 1 year of hands-on.
- I personally recommend at least 2 months of preparation, approx 2 hours/day, weekend bonus.
- Recommend ‘A Cloud Guru course’ from Udemy or from the ‘https://acloud.guru/‘. A big shout to Ryan he is a top notch in AWS certification training.
- Try Whizlabs practice, only when 10 days before your scheduled Exam date. And you can try this more than one attempt, if you get near/above 90%, will give you confidence. But the actual exam will be more tough.
- You can refer to AWS services for certification specific important notes, for more on exam references click here. – I update this section regularly.
- Check my sample questions , which should give an idea about actual exam pattern and scenarios. As most of the questions are scenarios based and they look quite tricky. – I update this section regularly based on feedback & experience.
- Some answers may look quite close to each other.So it is very important to understand what is the actual question is all about and are they asking about what type of optimization like,
- You can make use of AWS free tier service for practice.For the full list of AWS services click here.
- Recommend you to subscribe to below channels @ Youtube.
- AWS White Paper (recommend to read these once you are aware of most of the AWS Services)
- For all AWS white papers click here.
- To read the AWS Cloud Best Practices.
- This is a must read AWS Well Architected Framework . – This helps us to understand the pros and cons
of decisions you make while building systems on AWS.
Most of the question falls within these pillars. I will recommend to read them through once you are comfortable with most of AWS services.
As part of ‘How to Prepare for AWS Solution Architect’ you can refer below white papers and they are a must.
- AWS Operational Excellence Pillar.
- AWS Performance Efficiency Pillar.
- AWS Reliability Pillar.
- AWS Security Pillar.
- AWS Cost Optimization Pillar.